Expedition Motorhomes, Inc. informationLocated in Southern California on the 101 Freeway just fifteen minutes from the Pacific Ocean, and 30 minutes from the Los Angeles Airport (LAX), Expedition Motor Homes offers the perfect staging area for your "West Coast to Anywhere" vacation!
Expedition Motor Homes manages privately owned luxury RV's. We maintain the newest and nicest fleet available in Southern California. Our fleet consists of the ultimate in luxury 40' Diesel Pushers to the nice and comfortable 22' Class C RV. Each one given special attention before and after each trip to keep them in tip-top shape.
For Value, Comfort and Convenience, take your next vacation in an Expedition Motorhome... late model coaches in just the package to meet your special needs. Weekend rentals available.
Our friendly first class team will take your order and walk you personally through the reservation process, from "Expedition Motor Homes, how may we help you?" to "Here are your keys! Have the vacation of a lifetime!"
Expedition Motorhomes, Inc. Rental TermsImportant Information About Your Rentals
On arrival you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the operators of Expedition Motor Homes, Inc. Here is a summary of their terms and conditions:
The following definitions apply for the Terms and Conditions for Expedition Motor Homes, Inc.
* The Supplier means the operator of Expedition Motor Homes, Inc.
* The Client is also referred to as the hirer (s) or renter (s)
A non-refundable deposit will be taken from your nominated credit card at time of booking confirmation. This percentage of the total fees will vary depending on the number of days your booking is placed before travel commencement. Accepted credit cards are Visa and MasterCard (1.95% transaction fee applies). The balance payment due will be deducted by Expedition Motor Homes from your nominated credit card 35 days prior to the commencement of your rental. Please ensure there are sufficient funds available on your credit card at this time. If you are booking within 35 days of travel the entire cost of the rental will be transacted from your nominated credit card at time of booking confirmation. Note on foreign currency bookings: full balance of payment (including the deposit) will be collected at the time of confirmation if you have elected to process your booking in a currency different to US$. Some charges may be payable directly to your rental station upon arrival, these will be itemized as such in your breakdown of pricing if and where applicable. Wire transfer, Visa/MasterCard, or AMEX are accepted (NO DISCOVER)
You agree to pay us, on demand, for all charges due us under this contract, including, but not limited to: (a) a mileage charge based on our experience if the odometer or its seal is tampered with, or disconnected; (b) all expenses we incur in locating and recovering the vehicle if you fail to return it or if we elect to repossess it under the terms of this contract; (c) all costs, including pre- and post-judgment attorney’s fees, we incur collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our rights under this contract; (d) a 2% per month late fee, or the maximum allowed by law (if lower than 2%) on all amounts due us but not paid upon return of the vehicle; (e) $100, plus $5 per mile for every mile between the renting location and the place where the motor home is returned or abandoned, plus any additional recovery expenses we incur; (f) $25 if you pay us with a check returned unpaid for any reason. We may use your Security Deposit to pay any of these amounts owed us.
Note on foreign currency bookings: full balance of payment (including the deposit) will be collected at the time of confirmation if you have elected to process your booking in a currency different to US$. Some charges may be payable directly to your rental station upon arrival, these will be itemised as such in your breakdown of pricing if and where applicable.
Checks or Visa/MasterCard are accepted (NO AMEX or DISCOVER)
The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. In addition to forfeiting your deposit, the following charges also apply:
1. Reservation cancellations over 24 before departure are subject to $100 cancellation fee.
2. Reservation cancellations between 17 and 23 days before departure are subject to $500 cancellation fee.
3. Reservations cancelled less than 16 days before departure are subject to full rental fee.
4. You may reschedule your rental once after submission of application with no fee.
5. Cancellation charges will be taken from any renters' funds available: prepayments or security deposit
We strongly recommend that clients ensure they take out the highest level of travel insurance. In many cases this will cover any losses incurred if you are forced to cancel your booking.
Please note: Every renter that does not live in the United States must purchase compulsory insurance for $49.95 per day.
This quoted price includes:
- 3 hours per day of generator use.
- Free tank of propane. Chemicals and toilet paper
- Starter kit that includes all hoses, connections, adaptors, etc., maps, campground information, and various coupon books.
- Sales tax included
This quoted price does not include:
- Additional Mileage Charge, in excess of free miles: $.32 per mile for next 250 miles (next 125 miles if based on weekend rate). The next 250 are at @ .78/mile (125 if weekend rate), all miles beyond this are $1.59 per mile.
- Overage generator use charges at $3/hour.
- Additional liability coverage options
- Cleaning fee ($129 Class C, and $179 Class A)
- All gasoline, diesel or propane refueling
- One way rentals are allowed on a limited basis
- Preparation fee of $99 per rental
Note: Rates are in US$ and are subject to change
1. A non refundable booking deposit is required to secure your motorhome booking. The exact amount is detailed in the breakdown of pricing.
2. Motor Homes are rented on a first come first served basis.
3. Expedition Motor Homes reserves the right to substitute an upgraded motor home at no additional charge should the RV reserved be made un-rentable for any reason.
4. With acceptance of the reservation application, a contract with terms and conditions will be returned to you for your initials and signatures.
5. No same day rentals are accepted. A minimum of 24 hours is required to process all paperwork and process the rental.
Renter & Driver Requirements
1. All drivers must be minimum 25 years of age at time of rental, and possess valid drivers’ license.
2. Renter must be present, and provide a major credit card and picture identification at time of pick-up.
3. Renter’s identification name must match name on credit card being used to pay for rental
4. Only Authorized Driver(s) are permitted to drive & operate the motor home. Authorized drivers are defined as only those drivers expressly listed and designated as authorized drivers within this contract. Renter relieves Expedition and its insurance carrier(s) of any liability incurred while the motor home is driven or operated by anyone other than an authorized driver.
5. Renter certifies that all the information provided in the Reservation Application and in this contact is true and accurate. Any inaccurate or fraudulent information voids this rental contract.
6. Every renter that does not live in the United States must purchase compulsory insurance for $49.95 per day.
1.The reservation confirms rental dates, time, and a general vehicle type range. The reservation does not reserve a specific vehicle, size, type, and color, floor plan or model year.
2. Expedition reserves the right to fill reservations within the category reserved, and may substitute upgraded coaches if the reserved motor home is unavailable at the time of departure.
3.The following items are optional features of the motor home and are not included in the rental unless expressly purchased as rental options: generator, awning and rear roof ladder.
Responsibility for Damage or Loss
You are responsible for:
1.All damage to the vehicle.
2.Loss of use of the vehicle while it is being repaired, (Not covered by insurance).
3.Diminution of the vehicle’s value caused by damage to it or repair of it, (Not covered by insurance). The diminution in value charge is 2% of the value of the motor home. The value is listed on the “Insurance Binder / Endorsement Request Form” page of the Rental Contract.
4.All damage or loss caused by blowouts, punctures or other road damage, unless the damage is caused by a “loss” that is collision or comprehensive.
6.Our administrative fees connected with any damage claim, regardless of whether you are at fault. These fees are:
Amount of Damage Administrative Fee (Cal. Civil Code 1936 (b)(6)) not covered by insurance
Under $100 None
$100 to $500 $50
$501 to $$1,500 $100
Over $1,500 $150
7.THEFT & VANDALISM: You are responsible for loss due to theft or vandalism, or attempted theft or vandalism, of the vehicle and all damage due to vandalism that occurs in connection with a theft.
8.You must report all accidents and/or damage involving the vehicle to us within 6 hours of the occurrence. You agree to pay these charges from credit sources listed in this contract, and assume all responsibility to submit accident reports and claims to the proper authorities.
You release us, our agents and employees from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property or that of any other person, that we received, handed or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the vehicle or in our offices, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility. Includes vehicles parked on our premises. Indemnity & Warranties
You agree to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us resulting from, and arising out of, this rental and your use of the vehicle. We make no warranties, express, implied, or apparent, regarding the vehicle, and no warranty that the vehicle is fit for a particular purpose.
Security & Damage Deposits
A $500 to $3000 security and damage deposit is required before departure, and is payable in cash, check or credit card. This deposit covers any damage to the rented motor home during the rental period, regardless of fault. It also covers any additional charges (fuel, additional mileage, additional days, etc.) incurred related to the rental that were not charged elsewhere in the rental contract or rental application, including traffic tickets or other fines incurred. This deposit also covers all costs and our lost time ($75/hr), including pre-and post judgment attorney’s, legal & collection fees we incur collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our rights under this contract. The deposit may be held until the completion of any legal or collection action. The deposit, or unused portion, is refundable within 14 days. Roof Access
For safety reasons, all members of rental party are expressly prohibited from use of the roof ladder and roof. Any evidence of use or access of either of these items will result full forfeiture of the Security and Damage Deposit in addition to any damage incurred. Pick up and Return
1. Pick up is 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Monday through Friday; and 10:00 am to 12:00 PM on Saturday.
2. Return is 9:00 am to 12:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am to 10:00 am on Saturday. You agree to return the motor home to our rental office, or other location we specify, in the same condition that you received it, except for ordinary wear.
3. If Delivery/Pickup is arranged, ½ hour of time is included in the rate, after ½ hour, the rate is prorated at $50/hr.
4. If the vehicle is returned after closing hours, you remain responsible for the safety of, and any damage to, the vehicle until we inspect it upon our next opening for business.
5. There are no refunds for early returns or late pick ups. There is a $50 per hour late fee. Generator Use
Three (3) hours per day averaged, free generator use. Thereafter, there is a $3.00 per hour charge. Smokers or Pets
1. There is a $500 fumigation fee for rentals having evidence of smokers or pets. This charge is at the sole discretion of Expedition Motor Homes. Our main concern is for the health of subsequent renters.
2. We enforce a strict NO SMOKING and NO PETS policy.
3. * Invisible Pet policy available with a $20 per night charge and an additional $100 security deposit.
* Invisible Pet: It means that when the motor home is returned, We should not see or smell any signs that there was ever an animal in the unit. This includes but is not limited to: Pet hair, carpet and/or fabric stains, carpet and/or fabric tears, damage of window coverings, panel or wood trim damage, pet food, and smell or odor associated with an animal.
Restrictions: You must advise us of your pet in writing, before departure.
- One small, domesticated animal, 50 lbs. or less, or service animal is allowed in our RV.
- DO NO LEAVE YOUR PET UNATTENDED IN THE RV
- If you decide to leave your RV with the pet in it, it must be kept in a cage. Your pet may not have “free roaming” of the RV while you are away.
- We ask that you please not allow your pet on ANY of the furniture in the unit. This includes the seats, sofas, dinette area, overhead bunks or beds.
If Evidence of a Pet is Found: Excessive cleaning charges and fumigation will be billed at a flat rate of $500.00. Any permanent damage will result in paying the cost of parts and labor to repair.
*If evidence of a pet is found and it was NOT disclosed at the time of reservation, you will be subject to a $50 per night fee for the entire period of your rental.*
1. The renter MUST provide a written binder from their insurance company within 7 days of pick-up. This binder must indicate that renter and any other additional authorized drivers have at least the minimum legal liability requirements and full comp & collision coverage when using the motor home being rented, for the full rental period. If renter has not provided binder by departure date, they MUST purchase full coverage insurance from MBA Insurance for a cost of $31 per day based on the RV’s value, Supplemental Liability Insurance for a cost of $9.95 per day, and assume the first $2500.00 financial responsibility for damage, regardless of fault.
2. Liability Insurance: you are responsible for all damage or loss you cause to others. You may have provided us with an insurance binder indicating that you have vehicle liability, collision and comprehensive insurance covering you, us, and the motor home. Since you have auto liability insurance, we provide no liability insurance unless specifically purchased as an optional coverage.
3. MBA Choice. If you did not provide us with an insurance binder, but elected to purchase MBA Choice, the following changes apply to this agreement:
i) “Damage” means any collision or comprehensive loss to, or of, the vehicle; collision or comprehensive losses do not include damage to the interior of the vehicle, or its appliances;
ii) Damage to the vehicle is covered by MBA Choice. The policy has a $2,500.00 deductible, per occurrence.
iii) Auto liability insurance is part of MBA Choice, and provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage with limits no higher than the minimum prescribed by the vehicular financial responsibility laws of the state where the damage or loss occurs. MBA Choice covers $2,000 PIP or medical payments, and statutory limits of uninsured and under-insured motorist coverage. Coverage applies in the USA and Canada. Coverage is void if you violate the terms of this agreement or if you fail to cooperate in any loss investigation conducted by us, or the insurer. Allowing an unauthorized driver to operate the vehicle terminates our liability insurance coverage.
4. Renter will pay all damages regardless of fault, and understands that Expedition Motor Homes is not an insurance company or agent. Renter assumes responsibility to file all claims with the insurance co. and seek any reimbursement from them.
If you do not have your own existing insurance cover you will need to purchase cover through MBA Choice www.mbachoice.com
Important Note: Do not purchase insurance coverage with MBA Choice until you have received your final booking confirmation email confirming the availability of your chosen vehicle and itinerary. The following instructions on how to book with MBA Choice will be repeated on your booking confirmation email. If you have any queries at any stage please contact the RV supplier who will be able to answer any questions that you may have.
Purchasing coverage for Motorhomes through MBA Choice (This policy provides Comprehensive and Collision coverage, with a $2500.00 renter responsibility.
This can be purchased online by visiting www.mbachoice.com . Please make sure you bring a copy of your MBA Choice Policy documentation when picking up your vehicle. MBA Choice Coverage costs between $10 processing fee and $17-27/calendar day depending on the vehicle you are hiring. This policy provides the California state minimum limits of liability coverage along with the $2500 renter's financial responsibility.
1. Go to the Purchase RV Rental Insurance page on the website www.mbachoice.com (Expedition is Dealer #401432)
2. On the next page you will be asked to stipulate whether the vehicle you are renting is a Series 1, Series 2 or Series 3 vehicle.
* Please see list below of vehicles and which series they fall into.
3. You will find the cash value of the RV listed in the first paragraph of the "Insurance Binder/Endorsement Request Form"
Additional liability coverage is also available from MBA Choice. This is optional.
* List of Expedition and the MBA Choice Series they fall into (You will find the cash value of the RV listed in the first paragraph of the Insurance Binder/Endorsement Request Form)
Series 1 Vehicles - If the RV that you are renting is under $49 999.00 in value
Series 2 vehicles - if between $50 000.00 - $99 999.00
Series 3 Vehicles - if over $100 000.00
The cost of this insurance is a $10 processing fee and $31/calendar day depending on the vehicle. Restricted Use
1. All desert areas during hot periods, including Death Valley. During these periods, many areas are not habitable and could pose a danger to humans. Consult Expedition Motor Homes for complete list of restricted areas.
2. Gatherings or events, such as Burning Man, which could pose a danger to humans.
3. Non-Public roads, unpaved, dirt roads and “off-road” areas.
4. Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, batteries, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown associated with operating in these areas. Security & Damage Deposit will be forfeited if violated
5. Renter is prohibited in use of the motor home associated with any illegal or unsafe purpose, including consuming alcohol while driving.
6. Security & Damage Deposit will be forfeited if any portion of this section N is violated. Sanitation Dump
1. The rental company will dump tanks and flush lines when motor home is returned, as part of the cleaning charges. Normal fee is $99.00.
2. Should the RV be returned with holding tanks clogged, a fee of $250 will be charged. In addition, the renter will be responsible for any tickets or fines levied in conjunction with waste disposal.
A fee to clean the motor home upon return has been included in this contract. If the motor home requires additional cleaning beyond 3 hours, the additional fee will be $50/hr. The fee is at Expedition Motor Homes' sole discretion.
Please note: There final cleaning charge $299 and If the motor home requires additional cleaning beyond 5 hours, the additional fee will be $69/hr apply to all rentals going to Burning Man (8/24 - 9/6 ).
1. There are no refunds for unused miles.
2. Additional Mileage Charge, in excess of free miles: $.32 per mile for next 250 miles (next 125 miles if less than 7 paid nights). The next 250 are at @ .78/mile (125 if less than 7 paid nights), all miles beyond this are $1.59 per mile. Fuel
1. No warranties are made regarding fuel tank capacity or fuel mileage.
2. All gasoline, diesel or propane refueling during the trip is at customer’s expense.
3. Motor home is provided with fuel tank touching the ¾ marker. Renter agrees to return motor home with Initial fuel refilled to same level; otherwise the refill charge is at a fixed price depending on level returned (note fuel policy). Fixed price is based on ¼ tank increments.
4. Renters may choose to prepay for Gas refill. Please see Fuel Policy or contact an Expedition Motor Homes Representative. Maintenance and Breakdown Responsibility
1. The renter is responsible for checking the engine oil, fluids, and coolant levels at each refueling, as well as reporting any mechanical failures immediately.
2. Expedition Motor Homes is not liable for renter’s expenses due to unforeseen breakdowns beyond Expedition’s control.
3 .Maintenance expense reimbursement policy is available from Expedition Motor Homes.
4. Customer is responsible for all damage or repair due to negligence or failure to provide maintenance while the renter is responsible for the motor home.
5. In the event the motor home is in breakdown repair for 12 hours or more, through no fault of the customer, our responsibility to the customer is limited to refund of daily rate or portion thereof. Radio, automatic step, air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave and appliances, cruise control, and generator malfunctions are not considered breakdowns and no refunds are available for repair to these items.
6. Customer agrees to obtain prior authorization from Expedition for all repairs/replacements to the motor home, or the rental will be fully liable for all these expenses, and all damages that may result from improper repair or replacements.
7. Any windshield or window damage will result in replacement of the windshield/window. This is for safety considerations. MBA insurance does not cover this cost, unless associated with collision or comprehensive incident.
8. Renter acknowledges all tires are in proper order upon signing check out form. Flat or leaking tire replacement/repair is the sole cost of the renter.
9. Damage below the bumper (top) line and above the windshield (top) line is the sole responsibility of the renter. The renter agrees to financial responsibility for the repair/replacement of all damaged items, per this addendum.
Towing of trailers is not allowed
Some exceptions may be considered on a “per rental” basis.
If approved, the towing charge is $49.00 per week, plus $.10 per mile for every mile traveled (as recorded on motor home odometer). The renter must bring the trailer to be towed to Expedition for on-site hook up and inspection. The renter must provide his or her own insurance (binder OK). Loss of use
Due to any of the causes listed below is fully the responsibility of the renter and will be charged to the renter.
1) Return of the motor home by the renter past or before the contracted return date and/or time,
2) Repairs from damage to the motor home that are the responsibility of the renter that cause the rental company to not have use of the motor home,
3) Any other action by the renter that renders the motor home unavailable for use.
The rate charged will be our normal daily peak rental rate (complete day) for the period of lost use. Each day of lost use equals 4 hrs labor on the repair invoice/estimate. Renter authorizes the rental company to charge their credit card for these charges. NOTICE: These Costs and Policies automatically constitute a portion of any and all Rental Contracts entered into by Expedition Motor Homes, Inc./1st Choice RV and renter(s), and are binding on both parties. All other materials given the renter during the rental period are included as part of this contract. Signature warrants that renter accepts and understands all conditions herein.
The staff and management of Expedition Motor Homes, Inc. have done many things to assure you of a trouble free vacation. In the unlikely event that you may experience mechanical difficulties with the Vehicle, we have designed our VacationSaver Policy to help you back on the road as quickly as possible.
WHAT IS FULLY COVERED
The following items are FULLY covered:
1) All components necessary for vehicle engine operation
VacationSaver Allowance for Fully Covered Items:
Should the vehicle need repairs requiring over 24 hours for any of the items mentioned in "WHAT IS FULLY COVERED", an allowance of $25 per day/per adult (18 years and older) for food and lodging and $25 per day for car rental per vehicle will be paid. This allowance, and any combination of full or partial allowances, is limited to $1200 per vacation, the adult capacity of the vehicle (as specified on the rental agreement) and will never be more than the time and mileage charges on the original rental agreement.
WHAT IS PARTIALLY COVERED
The following items are PARTIALLY covered:
1) Automotive air conditioning
2) Forced air furnace
3) Microwave oven
6) House water pump
7) Auxiliary batteries (defects only)
8) 110v Air conditioning
9) Water heater
10) Toilet and shower
VacationSaver Allowance for Partially Covered Items:
Should any of the items listed in "WHAT IS PARTIALLY COVERED" fail to operate; an allowance of $10 per day/per item, up to a maximum off $70 per item will be paid. This allowance is limited to a maximum of $300 per vehicle. All other items are not covered.
These include automotive cruise control, interior lights, televisions, VCR’s, DVD’s, radios and stereos, electric sofas/beds, and exterior showers.
HOW TO CLAIM REIMBURSEMENT UNDER THIS POLICY
1. NOTIFY US
To begin activation of any portion of this VacationSaver policy you must notify us immediately. We will work with you to solve the problem, authorize you to make any necessary repairs, as well as authorize VacationSaver allowances it accordance with this policy.
You must understand that we are generally open during business hours only and often have limited hours on weekends. If your cell phone is out of range, it does not preclude you from notifying us of your problems.
2. OBTAIN AUTHORIZATION
Any repairs costing $50 or more must be authorized by us in advance. Repairs less than $50 can be made without authorization.
3. KEEP RECEIPTS AND OLD PARTS
We will reimburse you for authorized repairs paid by you when you present us with the receipt and the old part. We will not reimburse you if you fail to obtain authorization from us, fail to bring back the old part, or if you fail to observe warranty procedures.
TERMS OF COVERAGE
This policy begins when you leave our premises with the vehicle; it ends at the sooner of 11:00 am on the scheduled return date or when you return the vehicle to us.
The policy covers only mechanical failures that are NOT caused by or related to negligence, misuse or abuse on the part of the renter, collision or accident.
We will not be liable for incidental or consequential damages due to a mechanical breakdown. Although we will do what we can to get you back on the road quickly, if you miss any appointments or due dates because the vehicle failed, we will not be responsible for things such as loss of income, time, space, or travel reservations, or transportation back to the rental center.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Your location at the time of a breakdown is not our responsibility. We suggest you keep in mind when you plan your vacation that some areas have little or no mechanical assistance available. Breakdowns in restricted areas are not covered and you are responsible for ALL repairs, towing, related expenses, and late charges. It is your responsibility to transport the vehicle to a place where assistance is available.
• We assume no liability for delays if you are in a remote area or experience a failure on a holiday, weekend or after 5:00 p.m. and before 9:00 a.m. on a week day. We also assume no liability if you fail or are unwilling to take reasonable steps (including detours) to have your vehicle repaired.
• You are responsible for the vehicle from the time you take possession of the vehicle until you return the vehicle to our rental center, or until we authorize you to release the vehicle to a third party.
• If you abandon the vehicle you will be held responsible for any and all losses as a result. Repairs made within three days of the breakdown require you stay with the vehicle. Longer repair will be dealt with on a case ┬Éby case basis.
The following requirements will apply to all rentals going to Burning Man (During 8/24/2015 and 9/6/2015 ):
This Buring Man special rate includes a +20% surcharge. The surcharege is anticipated to increase. You will be notified when it does incease.
Cleaning upon return: All renters must pre-clean the RV themselves, or use cleaning services at the event, before returning the RV to us. The final cleaning charge $269 includes up to 5 hrs cleaning of interior & exterior, engine oil change, gen oil change, brake cleaning, clean/replace all filters. Additional cleaning is $69/hr.
Burning Man "Clean Kit": $269 (carpet & upholstery coverings, dust cleaners for all surfaces, window & vent tape, etc) items to keep trhe RV clean while on playa.
Minimum nights rental charged (may return earlier, but no refund): 8 nights if LA pick up and return.
San Francisco departure & return:
Minimum nights rental charged: 8 nights
The following additional fees apply
$699.00 + fuel reimbursement: Transfer fee to SFO, from LA dealership, and back
Reno departure & return:
Minimum nights rental charged: 8 nights
The following additional fees apply
$799.00 + fuel reimbursement: Transfer fee to Reno, from LA dealership, and back
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. All nightly pricing includes no free miles. One (1) prepaid package of 125 miles per night can be purchased for $40 per night. Thereafter normal Additional miles charges apply.
2. One way: (including Burning Man)
Los Angels pick up and San Francisco return, $399.00 + fuel reimbursement, if available
San Francisco pick up and Los Angeles return, $389.00 + fuel reimbursement, if available
3. Add $150 for departure and return to our Irvine, CA location
Additional Service Plans
Please check the below of Plans you want.
VACATION PROTECTION PLAN (VPP)
VPP protects you from the most common mishaps: tire or windshield damage. VPP will pay 100% of the repair or replacement of the following that may be damaged for any reason unless terms of contract are violated. Resulting damage to, or towing of, the motor home is not covered.
1. Tire, ($125+ per tire value), limit 2 tires;
2. Windshield, Class C only (Class A excluded), limit 1 windshield;
VPP protection is only available if Emergency Roadside Assistance (ERA) is purchased. Selecting this coverage automatically also selects ERA, $3.00/day, additional.
Your cost for VPP is $7.50 per Calendar day.
VACATION INTERUPTION PLAN (VIP)
VIP protects you against incidental, unexpected expenses associated with the breakdown of the RV in the event the motor home is in breakdown repair for 12 hours or more, through no fault of the renter. VIP will reimburse up to $100 per day for meals, transportation, and lodging.
Your cost for VIP is $10.95 per Calendar day.
ALL PLANS SELECTED (ERA, VPP, VIP)
Normal cost is $20.95 per day, Your cost is $18.95 per Calendar day.
Prices are per trip unless otherwise indicated.
*Available for rent or purchase.
Expedition Motor Homes, Inc. has provided you with this list only as a guideline.You may not need all of these things, and there may be things that we missed. We provide you with this list only to help make sure you have everything for your vacation. We hope that it will be helpful!Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier’s rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. If you encounter issues with the vehicle whilst on hire, you MUST report these issues directly to the relevant supplier at the earliest possible time. This will allow the supplier to remedy any issues and minimise any inconvenience to you. If you fail to report any vehicle issues during your rental, it is likely that compensation will not be offered. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice. The deposit required to secure your vehicle (as shown on the secure booking page) will only be processed on your credit card when your booking is confirmed. Please note that a 1.95% credit card or debit card surcharge will be added when your payment is processed.
A booking is confirmed when you have been emailed a confirmation voucher and at this stage the deposit is processed on your card and becomes non-refundable and any cancellation fees stated in the supplier's terms apply. Upon receipt of your confirmation, please check your details carefully and notify us immediately if there are any incorrect details, as it may not be possible to make changes at a later date.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Please note that some suppliers treat an amendment as a new booking and apply the rate current at the time the amendment is made to recalculate the entire booking amount (not just the days changed). If the rental period is increased, an additional deposit may be required. If the rental period is shortened which results in a reduction of the rental charges, the deposit amount will remain unchanged, and the difference between the original and revised deposit is forfeited (it cannot be used towards remaining rental charges). To request a change to a confirmed booking, please use the alterations request link on your confirmation. Any alterations are subject to availability and the approval of the supplier. In addition to the alteration policy of the supplier stated in their terms, the following charges will apply:
Motorhome rental alterations (all charges stated in local currency): 25.00
The alteration fee will not be charged if your alteration request is not possible.
Vehicle Capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
We are committed to providing a quality service and aim for complete customer satisfaction. In the event of cancellation, any refunds or penalties are detailed in the terms and conditions of your selected vehicle that you are asked to read and accept at time of booking. In the event you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Motorhome Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.