Compass Campers USA (International) informationThe Supplier is one of the United States' premier RV rental companies. They were founded in 1970 in Southern California and since then have grown to become one of the largest Motorhome rental companies in the world. With locations throughout the United States, they are renown worldwide for their commitment to quality products and service.
The Supplier is proud to be able to say that about half of their rental business comes from overseas travellers who fly in to various cities throughout the U.S. They understand the varying needs of International visitors and work to a high level of service and information for customers throughout the rental.
Compass Campers USA (International) Rental TermsRebooking Policy for COVID-19 - effective 25 March 2020 :
IMPORTANT: THESE RATES ARE FOR INTERNATIONAL VISITORS ONLY AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR US RESIDENTS. ANY BOOKINGS FROM US RESIDENTS WILL BE IGNORED.YOU MUST PRESENT AN INTERNATIONAL LICENSE, PASSPORT AND CREDIT CARD AT TIME OF ARRIVAL. IF ANY DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED IS LOCAL, THEN YOU WILL BE CHARGED THE DOMESTIC RATES. ****
Important information about your rental On arrival you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the operators of Compass Campers. Here is a summary of their terms and conditions: Definitions
The following definitions apply for the Terms and Conditions for Compass Campers. * The Supplier means the operator of Compass Campers
* The Client is also referred to as the hirer (s) or renter (s) Payment
A non-refundable deposit will be taken from your nominated credit card at time of booking confirmation. This percentage of the total fees will vary depending on the number of days your booking is placed before travel commencement.
The balance payment due will be deducted from your nominated credit card 45 days prior to the commencement of your rental. Please ensure there are sufficient funds available on your card for the balance to be collected at least 45 days prior to your rental commencing. However, if you are booking within 45 days of travel, or you choose to book in a currency other than US$, the entire cost of the rental will be transacted from your nominated credit card at the time of booking confirmation. Note: Some charges may be payable directly to your rental station upon arrival, these will be itemised as such in your breakdown of pricing if and where applicable. Cancellation Fees
Upon confirmation that your selected vehicle is available a non refundable booking deposit will be taken from your nominated credit card. In addition to this the following cancellation fees apply: Over 48 days prior to departure: No further charge
47 to 19 days prior to departure: $350
18 to 4 days prior to departure: $700
3 days prior to departure or No Show: Full Rental*
One-way rentals: $200 (in addition to applicable fee)
*A client who declines vehicle at departure is classified as a "Departure Day" and not eligible for any refund. Cancellation of Group Reservations: per booking
The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. In addition to forfeiting your deposit, the following charges also apply:
Over 93 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 100
34 to 92 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 200
33 days or less prior to departure …………………………..…… $ 500 Inclusions in the base rental rate quotes
- Primary Liability Coverage (up to the required state financial responsibility limits - conditions and exclusions apply)
- VIP coverage (with $1000 per incident deductible - conditions and exclusions apply)
- Rates are in US Dollars
- All rental days are calculated per night basis
- Rates are subject to change without notice
- Vehicles come with a full tank of gasoline but must be returned full at the end of the rental or gasoline will be filled by the rental station at market rates
- Transfers (to and from the supplier's major locations) The quote base rental rate does not include
- Mileage. No free miles are included and are calculated at a rate of $0.32 per mile travelled at the end of your rental. You can also pre-purchase mileage packs at discounted rates on this website
- Sale Tax
- Prep Fee
- New Jersey Security Tax: Mandatory $5 / night for NYC pick ups.(Max. $140)
- Colorado Road Safety Program fee: Mandatory $2 / night for Denver pick ups.
- Liability/excess reduction options if selected
- One way fees
- Priority AM Departure transfers (available at selected locations)
- Vehicles attending Burning Man: Unless vehicles are deemed returned in a spotless condition (which is at the discretion of the supplier), it can take around 2-3 days of cleaning at $50 per hour for vehicles attending Burning Man. I. Motor Home Rental Fleet – Model Year Guarantee
Standard Fleet: Model Year 2018 or newer – All locations
Model Year Definition ‘Model Year’ is a standard industry-wide term employed by US automobile and motor home manufacturers to designate annually changing vehicle designs. ‘Model Year’ does not indicate the year in which a vehicle was manufactured. A 2017 design or ‘model’, for example, may be manufactured anytime during the 2016 or 2017 calendar year. The model year of an Compass Campers vehicle is always indicated on the vehicle registration. Compass Campers Motor Homes:
Compass Campers continuously strives to provide our international guests with the best possible motor home product in the industry. To this end, we purchase units only from top RV manufacturers who make them to our higher than average specifications. All motor homes are 100% walk-through, equipped with 110V generator, microwave oven, CD player, and modestly branded. Motor Home Specifications:
Motor home photos, drawings and floor plans provided are examples only. Sleeping capacities are recommendations only and do not mean like number of adults or full-size teenagers can be accommodated comfortably within every unit of a size category. Features and amenities are representative and may be changed, added to or deleted without notice. Bed sizes vary from unit to unit within size categories and cannot be guaranteed. Specific floor plans or models will vary within a category and cannot be reserved or guaranteed. Motor Home Lengths:
Motor home lengths will vary within each size category. Specific floor plans, models or lengths cannot be reserved or guaranteed. It is the wholesaler’s responsibility to explain clearly in their brochure that motor home category designations do not represent the exact length. For example, if you designate the Class C Slide-Out model as an FS31, the lengths within this category may range from 31 feet to over 32 feet. MILEAGE OPTIONS - PRE PAID
- 500 Mile package (7 night minimum)
- Unlimited Mile package (10 night minimum) ONE WAY FEES
- One-way fees vary according to locations involved
- One-ways are on request only.
- Import/Export Fee: The supplier tries to confirm all One-way requests. However, there are times when the direction of the drop or time of year does not make sense in terms of fleet utilization. Therefore, the supplier will consider accepting a specific one-way request for the standard one-way fee PLUS up to an additional $3,000 fee to import or export the motor home to the location needed. Import/Export fee must be pre-paid. II. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Personal Convenience Kit *
Blankets, Sheets, Pillow, Pillow Case, Bath Towel, Hand Towel, Wash Cloth, Dish Towel, Dinner Plate, Silverware, Coffee Cup, Saucer Kitchen Kit*
Water Pitcher, Pan Covers, Frying Pan, Potato Peeler, Strainer, Corkscrew, Dutch Oven, Bottle Opener, Kettle, Salad Bowls, 1 qt Sauce Pan, Platter, 4 pc. Cutlery, 2 qt Sauce Pan, Clothes Hangers, Trash Can, Mop, Bucket, Broom, Dust Pan. *Important Note:
- Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice.
- Kit items are for rent and must be returned to rental locations. Generator
- All motor home unit types are outfitted with a 110 Volt generator.
- The use of the generator is not required for normal vehicle operation. Customers will be charged either per rental night for unlimited use or per hour as determined by a time meter. Charges are payable at the counter. Use of power outlets for charging phones, etc., are at clients own risk.
- Prepaid generator charges upon vehicle return are non-refundable. Taxes
Taxes are due on all prepaid and local charges and vary depending on the pick up location. New Jersey State Rental Security Fee: Mandatory $5 / night (maximum $140) for all pick ups at NYC station. Payable at counter. No exceptions. Colorado State Rental Tax: Mandatory $2 / night for all pickups at DEN station. Payable at the counter. No maximum. No exceptions. Prep Fees: Payable at counter. No exceptions.
Mandatory $185 per vehicle.
Prep fee includes: Full tank of LPG, supply of toilet chemicals and tissue, full fresh water tank, fresh water hose and waste water hose, instruction manual, personal instruction on use of motor home and appliances, campground guides and maps, and external cleaning upon return. VIP and Insurance Charges
Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP) with $1000 deductible per incident……......….. Included
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)* …………………………………….….…..... $ 10 per day
Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI)*……………………………..……..…........ $ 22 per day
*Details available on request.
III. LIABILITY COVERAGES
- All coverage and waivers are subject to the expressed terms and conditions of the rental contract signed by the client on pick up.
- In the event of an accident, renter and / or driver must disclose to the supplier any insurance coverage they may have.
- All insurance and/or coverage is void if renter operates the rental vehicle in violation of any federal or applicable state, province, local laws, rules, regulations or ordinances.
- This outline is not a complete description of the various coverage plans. The rental agreement contains the complete legal provisions of the plans.
- Insurance and coverage plans are subject to change without notice. A. Public Liability
The supplier maintains insurance coverage for liability claims, property damage and / or personal injuries resulting from the operation of one of their vehicle. The supplier's coverage provides third party legal limits to protect the renter and authorized drivers. Liability coverage is limited to the minimum financial limits determined by the US state or Canadian province in which the incident occurred. Claims in excess of the state or province limits may arise. These claims are the responsibility of the renter. The supplier assumes no responsibility for such liability claims unless the client has purchased the Supplemental Liability Insurance. B. Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP)
Jurisdiction: USA and Canada
Cost: Included in nightly rate Coverage:
The supplier offers VIP coverage which is separate protection that reduces Renter’s financial responsibility for certain physical damage to the Rental Vehicle to the applicable deductible of $1000. VIP is a contractual agreement between the supplier and the Renter, wherein the supplier agrees not to collect more than the applicable deductible of $1000 per occurrence from Renter for damages to the Rental Vehicle, coverage is pursuant to the terms and conditions of the then applicable rental contract. C. Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
Jurisdiction: USA and Canada
Cost: $10 per night; No maximum amount. Coverage:
- Supplemental Liability Insurance provides excess auto liability insurance that protects the renter for the difference between the underlying insurance and up to $1,000,000 against claims by a third party for bodily injury and / or property damage sustained as a result of an accident while operating the rental vehicle.
- If the renter resides outside the United States and is covered by a foreign Liability Insurance policy, the foreign Liability Insurance coverage will be excess / secondary over the SLI purchased pursuant to the rental contract. Deductible: There is no deductible with the Supplemental Liability Insurance. Exclusions: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Use of a rental vehicle in violation of the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
- Motor home or vehicle damage caused while driving under the influence of alcohol and / or narcotics.
- Accidents arising out of the use of a rental vehicle by an unauthorized driver.
- Renter’s liability for damage to the rental vehicle.
- SLI is not available at IAD or BOS. D. México Auto Liability Insurance (MALI)
The supplier’s Mexico Auto Liability Insurance is required protection which the renter must obtain from the supplier when renting their vehicles and will be traveling in Mexico. Being added to the supplier’s Mexico Auto Liability Insurance policy provides excellent coverage and eliminates the hassles of trying to obtain insurance at the border. - A written permit from the supplier is required for border crossing.
- The supplier’s Mexico Auto Liability Insurance must be purchased at the rental counter.
- Client may purchase coverage only for the specific days that they will be in Mexico.
- There is no reimbursement for repairs or lost use incurred while vehicle is in Mexico. Jurisdiction: Mexico Auto Liability Insurance is only valid when traveling in Mexico and according to the laws of Mexico.
Cost: $22 per calendar date that the vehicle will be in Mexico. No maximum amount. Coverage:
This insurance provides coverage for physical damage to or total theft of the supplier's rental vehicle, third party liability and medical payments. Coverage also includes legal assistance to aid in the prevention of the driver from going to jail. Limits:
- Physical damage: Limited to ACV (actual cash value) for collision, upset, overturn, etc.
- Total theft: Limited to ACV. Coverage excludes partial theft.
- Auto liability: $1,000,000 combined single limit for property damage & bodily injury.
- Medical payments: $3,000 per person and $15,000 per accident.
- Legal assistance: Included Deductible:
- Physical damage: The deductible for physical damage is 5% of the actual cash value of the RV, with a minimum deductible of $1,000.
- Total theft: The deductible for total theft is 10% of the actual cash value of the RV, with a minimum deductible of $1,000. Coverage excludes partial theft.
- Auto liability: No deductible
- Medical payments: No deductible
- Legal assistance: No deductible Exclusions: Included but are not limited to the following:
- Use of a rental vehicle in violation of the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
- Accidents which occur while renter is under the influence of alcohol and /or narcotics.
- Accidents arising out of the use of a rental vehicle by an unauthorized driver.
- Coverage excludes partial theft.
IV. CLIENT INFORMATION A. First Night Accommodation
We strongly recommends that clients spend their first night in the United States in a hotel. B. Transfers
- Transfers are restricted to designated hotels.
- No refunds are given for self-transfer.
- No transfers are provided for same day flight arrivals.
- Complimentary shuttle transfers are available to and from designated hotels for DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, Newark Airport (NYC), SFO, and YVR offices.
- Transfers with the PAD option are available to and from designated hotels for DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, Newark Airport (NYC) and SFO offices. PAD Fee applies.
- Transfers to or from rental station may be subject to restrictions or limitations beyond Compass Campers’s control. In such circumstances transfers may be the financial and logistical responsibility of the renter. If clients are under time constraints due to departure flight time, they should not rely on the Courtesy Shuttle as we cannot guarantee exact departure times from the rental office. Compass Campers cannot be held liable for delays or missed flight/connections.
- Client must call the number on their confirmation page no later than 9:00 am the morning of motor home takeover to schedule pick up time and confirm hotel entrance. Under no circumstances should clients arrive unannounced.
- Toll Free Transfer Telephone numbers are area code directed. Customers must use a land based telephone (hotel, car rental, pay phone etc) in order to be directed to the correct pick up location. Cell phone users must use the direct telephone numbers for each location. Clients using a cell phone to call Compass Campers’s toll-free number while in NYC, for example, for a pick up the next day in MCO would be connected to the NYC station.
- NYC Midtown Manhattan transfers are charged $80 per direction. Pickups occur after 1pm.
- Clients are requested to continue indicating at the time of booking how many persons will be traveling.
- Transfer is optional. Alternative transfer options have been provided where available.
- Shuttle transfers (where available) are offered as a courtesy and have no monetary value, therefore transfers are not eligible for refunds for any reason including but not limited to: traffic delays, security restrictions, acts of God, etc. Standard Transfer: Pick Up
Standard Transfer is available at: DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC (Newark airport area only), SFO & YVR only. Notification:
Clients are encouraged to complete the online check in at: http://myelmonterv.com/check-in no less than 7 days prior to vehicle take over. Contact number:
- Client must call the supplier's office (1-800-367-6507*) no later than 9:00 AM the morning of motor home takeover to schedule pick up time and confirm hotel entrance.
- Under no circumstances should clients arrive unannounced. Transfer time:
- Shuttle arrives between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM at designated hotels only.
- Note: Delays may occur during peak season, certain holiday or heightened security periods. No refunds are given for transfer delays. Vancouver (YVR) transfer:
- Client must call the supplier's office (1-800-367-6507*) no later than 9:00 AM the morning of motor home takeover to schedule pick up time and confirm hotel entrance.
- Pick up from specific Vancouver airport area hotels only.
- Pick up time after 12:00 pm.
- Transfer shuttle departs the rental station at approximately 11:00 am.
- US Border Crossing Fee of $6 per person is required at the border. Clients should be aware that a visa to enter the United States may be required.
- No transfer is offered to downtown SEATTLE or to SEATAC Airport. NYC (NYC) Midtown Manhattan transfer:
- Customers will be charged $80 per direction for Midtown Manhattan hotel transfers.
- Midtown Manhattan pickups occur after 1pm. Priority AM Departure (PAD) Program:
PAD locations / Hotels:
- Restricted to the following locations: DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC & SFO.
- PAD is restricted solely to those hotels designated as PAD hotels. Notification:
- Clients are required to complete the online check in no less than 7 days prior to vehicle takeover.
- There are no refunds for PAD surcharge if the supplier does not receive PAD hotel information 7 days prior to pick up. No exceptions.
- In the event client fails to notify the supplier, or notifies us less than 7 days prior to takeover a courtesy transfer may not be provided in which case clients must provide their own transfer at their own expense. Contact numbers:
- PAD Transfer instructions. A pre-recorded message is available which instructs at what time and at which entrance clients should wait for transfer shuttle: (The phone number will provided in your confirmation letter)
- It is recommended that clients also call the supplier the day before motor home takeover to confirm pick up time and hotel entrance. Transfer time:
PAD Shuttle generally arrives between 7:15 am - 8:00. PAD transfer may begin as early as 6:45 am. Therefore, it is necessary that clients call the supplier beforehand for exact times. Standard Transfer: Return
Return transfer is provided free of charge as a courtesy at: DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC (Newark airport area only), SFO and YVR only. Transfer time:
- Generally the shuttle will depart rental station at 8:15 am and 1:00 pm.
- Only one return shuttle may be offered so clients should plan accordingly.
- If clients are under time constraints due to departure flight time, then they should not rely on the Courtesy Shuttle as we cannot guarantee exact departure times from the rental office nor can we be held in any way liable for delays or missed flights/connections. The clients will need to provide their own transportation at their own expense. Vancouver (YVR) transfer:
- Courtesy Shuttle departs YVR location at approximately 11:00 am.
- Due to increased security and traffic, delays crossing into Canada are possible. The supplier is not responsible for any refunds of any type as a result of border crossing delays.
- No transfer is provided to downtown SEATTLE or SEATAC Airport. NYC (NYC) Midtown Manhattan transfer:
- Customers will be charged $80 per direction for Midtown Manhattan hotel transfers. Self-Transfer:
- Clients must call the supplier no later than 9:30 am on the morning of scheduled pick-up to arrange vehicle takeover time.
- Under no circumstances should clients arrive unannounced. Takeover time:
- After 1:00 pm, even if clients arrive earlier; subject to vehicle readiness.
- Clients may book PAD in advance which will guarantee them a departure ready vehicle no later than 11:00, even if they arrive via self-transfer. C. Motor Home Takeover and Return Policies
- After 1:00 pm. Subject to vehicle readiness.
- Even though clients may be picked up or arrive earlier on their own (except PAD).
- Latest motor home takeover time is 1 hour before station’s official closing time. Day of departure:
No refund if client picks up later than the booked day of departure. Return time:
- Between 8:00 am and 11:00 am.
- A $50+ per hour penalty will be charged for returns after 11:00 am without prior authorization from rental station.
- Clients with an early flight must make prior arrangements with rental station for possible earlier transfer to airport. Clients may have to return by 11:00 am a day prior to obtain the transfer shuttle, or arrange other means of transportation. No refunds for early return.
- Early returns: No refund for any reason if rental is terminated by clients before the scheduled return date. Recommendation: Due to heightened volumes of travel during holiday seasons supplier recommends that customers avoid beginning or ending their motor home rental on the day immediately before or after a holiday date. Otherwise, customers may experience airline delays, increased road traffic and possible delays at rental office. D. Client Requirements
- Renter (contract signer) must be at least 21 years of age and in possession of valid identification (driver’s license and passport, etc.).
- Additional drivers must be present at pick up of the rental vehicle and sign the rental agreement. There is no charge for additional drivers.
- Authorized drivers must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and identification, and be listed on the rental agreement.
- An International Driver’s License is recommended, though not required.
- A major credit card such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex (no ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard) with available credit is required for the Security Deposit and all charges paid at the counter. Cash or Travellers Checks are not accepted. The credit card must be issued to the signer or co-signer of the contract.
International Address Requirement
- Compass Campers’s International Rental Program and rates are designated exclusively for non-domestic clientele, i.e. for those clients living outside of the United States and having no US address.
- Compass Campers reserves the right not to accept bookings from clients residing within the United States even though they may have reserved through an international wholesaler.
- Compass Campers reserves the right to rebook clients residing within the United States using standard domestic rates and conditions. E. Security Deposit
- A $1,000 security deposit is required at the time of departure.
- We require that the deposit be guaranteed by a major non-debit credit card such as Visa, MasterCard or American Express with sufficient credit balance to cover this amount.
- We do not accept ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard/Check Cards or pre-paid credit cards.
- We do not accept Cash or Traveler's Checks, Stored Value/Pre-paid cards or gift cards.
- The security deposit is not charged on the customer’s credit card on pick up, but rather the amount is on ‘hold’. Upon return provided that the rental vehicle is returned clean inside, undamaged and on time this ‘hold’ is removed. The security deposit may take up to 8 weeks to be credited back to the customer’s credit card. Currency conversion fees are client’s responsibility. F. Customer Orientation
- Clients receive a full orientation of their motor home, including clients’ responsibilities for maintenance and use. Orientation consists of a 30 min. video in English, German, Spanish or Japanese introducing the general concepts of motor home use and safety tips, as well as a personal walk-around of motor home with the client by a qualified instructor.
- Operator manuals are provided for clients to take with them in English and German. Additionally, clients receive from the rental station a regional campground directory and location map with directions to nearest supermarkets and gas stations. G. Luggage Storage
- Luggage storage is available on a limited basis at the following locations: DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC, SFO & YVR. No guarantee of luggage storage is made for these locations: DEN, MIA, ORD, PHX, SLC & SAN.
- To facilitate the pickup and drop off procedures, we recommend that clients carry their luggage in their vehicle. Soft-sided or collapsible bags are recommended for easier storage.
- Luggage storage is at the client’s own risk and is not available for one-way rentals.
- Luggage capacity of courtesy shuttle is limited and may require clients with excess luggage or oversized items to store and later retrieve them from their hotel. H. Pets
- Pets are allowed. Client is responsible for all damage and may be surcharged for special cleaning.
- Please specify during booking if client would like to bring a pet.
- The supplier must be contacted a minimum of 7 days prior to pick up with pet transfer request. Transfer restrictions may apply due to size of cage and / or luggage capacity of transfer van. I. Lost Items
Compass Campers is not responsible for items left in the motor home after client’s return and reserves the right to donate or dispose of them as it sees fit. Left items cannot be mailed to client.
V. VEHICLE SUPPORT & USE A. Maintenance and Use Responsibility
Client is responsible for routine maintenance while traveling (checking coolant, oil, tire pressure, etc.), as well as immediately reporting mechanical failures. Clients may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence of operation and/or performing normal maintenance, and may be charged for vehicle down time. Tools for vehicle repair and tire change are not provided since clients are not authorized to make repairs. B. Reimbursements & Refunds
Compass Campers operates one of the newest fleets in the industry. Yet as motor homes are mechanical devices they may occasionally develop problems. - Refunds for Mechanical issues: In the event of a mechanical problem requiring repairs over $75 clients must call Compass Campers’s On-The-Road Support for authorization. A toll free number is provided for assistance with problems, questions, etc. Clients will be reimbursed on return and upon presentation of receipts and any replaced parts. No receipts over $75 will be reimbursed without prior authorization.
Note: $75 reimbursement does not apply to de-winterizing or winterizing cost. - Additional Items: In the unlikely event that items are missing from kitchen or personal kits, or for example if a client needs an additional blanket, or needs to replace an item for the motor home such as a water hose, sewer hose, etc., the client may purchase these items without prior approval and will be refunded at return upon presentation of valid receipts, provided they not total more than $75. - Breakdowns: In the event of a mechanical breakdown requiring the vehicle to be in repair for more than 12 hours, Compass Campers will refund lost-use rental charges only. Compass Campers’s maximum liability shall be for the refund of nightly rental charges or fractions thereof. No claims for rental car, hotel, telephone, etc., will be accepted. - Accompanying vehicles: Accompanying vehicles are not eligible for compensation. - Travel Agent Assistance: Contacting one's travel agency or tour operator will have no effect on the availability and/or speed of vehicle towing, repair and/or replacement and no compensation of any kind will be given for communication costs incurred. Clients should be instructed by their travel agency/tour operator to coordinate the repair efforts with Compass Campers’s On-The-Road Support and to discuss compensation with the staff at the return rental counter. - Client Complaints: Client refund or reimbursement requests must be received in writing with all supporting documentation no later than 45 days after rental return to be eligible for compensation consideration. Compass Campers reserves the right to take up to 60 days after receipt of the complaint to investigate and respond. - On-The-Road Support Contact requirement: In order to be eligible for any lost-use refund during their rental period clients must contact Compass Campers’s On-The-Road Support and start a Customer Service Log with them and must have followed all instructions, self-help tips, and/or recommendations for repairs.
- Customers declining On-The-Road Support instructions, recommendations or appointments for repairs will not be eligible for lost-use compensation.
- All vehicle lost-use issues must be verified by a pre-authorized repair facility and/or by location staff upon return and only after issues are validated will any compensation be considered.
- No consideration for lost-use will be given if it is determined any issues were operator error.
- Return: Without prior authorization in order to be eligible for a lost-use refund clients must return rental unit to return office as booked or a recovery fee and penalty will be charged. - Non-essential items: Radio, air-conditioning, refrigerator, generator, microwave, appliances, automatic step and cruise control, are not considered mechanical breakdowns. - Loss of Rental: Clients may be charged up to the amount of the deductible for company’s lost rental revenue due to the down time based on an estimated time for motor home repair. Cell-phone charges: Clients are responsible for all cell-phone charges. Clients are encouraged to use Onthe-Road-Support’s toll free number as the primary contact telephone number. C. On-The-Road Vehicle Support
- Clients are restricted from traveling to certain regions due to road conditions, extreme weather, acts of God, security alerts and/or availability of support. Restrictions are subject to change without notice and are determined solely by Compass Campers.
- Clients are responsible for knowing and following the travel restrictions and for informing themselves of possible changing conditions. Compass Campers, to the best of its ability, will provide clients as much information at time of pick up as possible, but is not liable for any delays or detours client may encounter.
- Violation of these travel restrictions voids insurance and coverage options under the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
- Please note the following restrictions:
1) Off-road: Travel on non-public, unpaved and / or ‘logging’ roads is not permitted at any time.
2) Death Valley: Traveling in or traversing Death Valley is not permitted in July and August. In May, June and September travel is permitted, however, customer is fully responsible for all mechanical problems and/or towing or vehicle recovery costs. Ground temperatures can reach 140º F or 60º C. During July / August clients may be required on pick up to sign and acknowledge these restrictions.
3) Mexico: Travel is permitted at client’s own risk and only with purchase of Compass Campers’s Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI), available at all southwest locations. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs, lost use or deductibles for damage when in Mexico.
4) New York City / Manhattan: Travel is not permitted.
5) Alaska / Northern Canada: Travel is permitted at client’s own risk. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs or lost use.
6) Winter: Travel during winter months is permitted. However, freezing conditions may occur in spring and fall at higher elevations and should be anticipated and precautionary measures taken. Clients are responsible for any damage due to systems freezing due to cold weather. As a precautionary measure at certain locations water may be replaced by anti-freeze to prevent water systems from freezing. Clients are then not allowed to use any water systems, including the toilet or shower, until they have traveled to areas with consistently above zero temperatures. In the event the clients want to replace the anti-freeze with water they may be charged up to $150 to re-winterize or de-winterize the vehicle.
Note: Winterizing or de-winterizing cost, typically up to $150, are responsibility of renter.
7) Summer: Travel in summer months and/or in extreme temperatures can strain motor home systems such as roof and dash air conditioners, generator and refrigerator. We maintain our motor home fleet to accommodate all weather conditions; however, clients should be made aware that performance of motor home systems under extreme conditions cannot be guaranteed. Roof A/C units will only cool the interior of the motor home up to a maximum of 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature.
8) Ontario / Quebec: Due to the increased incidence of theft motor homes are not allowed to be left unattended within the cities of Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City. We recommend leaving the motor home parked at a campground and use a taxis or public transportation. Details available at pick up location. Clients planning on traveling in these areas must inform rental station prior to departure.
9) Vehicle Return: Clients who return the rental vehicle to any location other than the one booked and confirmed without prior authorization or who abandon the rental vehicle will be charged a recovery fee and penalty. E. Traffic Tickets, Golden Gate Bridge, Toll Roads
- Client is responsible for all traffic violations, fines, toll charges and/or citations incurred during the rental period.
- Client may either pay for the fines themselves, or opt to hand the citation over to the rental office upon return for processing and payment. In addition to the citation amount clients will be charged a $25 administrative processing fee per infraction.
- In the event of customer non-payment or failure to turn over any citations to Compass Campers, clients are responsible for the fine amount plus late penalties. Additionally, clients may be charged up to $250 per infraction for increased administrative processing.
- Golden Gate Bridge tolls: Compass Campers will charge the customer the amount of the toll PLUS an additional $10 handling fee, using the credit card we have on file. This process is automatic. Clients must indicate upon pick up if they wish to opt out of this process. This service does NOT include traffic or parking infractions.
- Florida Sun Pass Toll Lane Transponder: Clients have the option of renting a transponder for $6/day which will automatically cover all tolls in Florida. F. Fuel Consumption
- Fuel costs are client’s responsibility. Gasoline tanks are generally full at pick up and must be returned full or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged; or if not full the gasoline tank must be returned at the same level as at takeover or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged.
- No claims are accepted as to fuel consumption. Fuel consumption will vary according to where and how a vehicle is driven. No claims are accepted as to fuel consumption if client is upgraded to a larger unit. G. Vehicle Substitutions
- We make every effort to provide the clients with the model reserved. However, Compass Campers reserves the right to substitute models which are similar, higher rated, or longer; i.e. a Class A may be substituted for a cab-over Class C model; a C28 may be substituted for a C22.
- No refunds for any reason (such as increased fuel consumption, ferry charges, campground fees, etc.) will be given due to increased length or size of motor home substituted.
- Should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be offered and accepted, liability will be limited to a refund of the price difference between the model booked and paid for and the model received at pick up. No refund will be given should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be requested by the client at pick up.
- No claims as to vehicle year will be considered unless clients have booked and paid for a ‘Premier’ unit. Should a Premier model not be available at pick up Compass Campers will be liable only for refund of the difference between the Premier and standard unit of similar type and length.
- When pre-booking campgrounds clients should consider a larger unit may be substituted.
- When making ferry reservations clients should automatically reserve the next larger unit length. VI. Times of Operation Holiday & Special Event Schedule: El Monte RV ofces will be CLOSED for the following holidays or special events. No bookings will be accepted for pick up
or return on these dates. No exceptions. 2020
September. The El Monte RV locations are open 7 days a week 9:00 to 16:00 from October to March unless otherwise
noted. Location closing dates are subject to change. Some locations have reduced hours of operation:
- Due to the high volume of rentals going to Burning Man, there is a $1000 surcharge for pickups starting on or after August 20, 2018 AND returning on or before September 05, 2018.
- SFO will be closed for pickups and returns on September 02 and 03 (Labor Day).
- Burning Man surcharge of $1000 must be pre-paid. No exceptions. Group reservation requests:
- Special group rates are available.
- Requests for group bookings should be made as early as possible.
- A group consists of 5 or more motor homes. The Value Rates are not valid for group bookings of 5 or more vehicles. VII. Changes to Reservations
The first change is allowed at no charge.
Subsequent changes may be charged $50 per change.
The following changes will result in a re-calculation of Value Rate. The rate will be calculated using the most current Value Rate and compared to the existing Value Rate the higher rate will be use.
- Change of party name
- Change of vehicle size
- Change of departure location
- Change in departure date
- Cancellation and rebooking
- Change in drop-off date
- Change in one-way drop-off location
Once confirmed, the following changes will not affect the Value Rate:
- Change in party size
- Adding pre-paid items. Long Term Rentals
- Maximum length of one rental is restricted to 90 nights.
- For requests 90 nights or longer, please contact International Reservation for a quote.
- A recalculation of applicable higher (or lower) Value Rate for rentals over 46 nights may be used.
- Cannot book 2 consecutive bookings if first booking is less than 45 nights.
- Customers may be required to accept charges for normal maintenance; examples include but are not limited to: Adding motor oil, transmission fluid or brake fluid; oil changes, tire rotation or tire replacement. Child seats
Certain vehicles are equipped to accommodate child seats, this will depend on the vehicle type that you are hiring. Please enquire at time of booking. You will have to supply your own seat as none are available to rent out. Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier’s rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. If you encounter issues with the vehicle whilst on hire, you MUST report these issues directly to the relevant supplier at the earliest possible time. This will allow the supplier to remedy any issues and minimise any inconvenience to you. If you fail to report any vehicle issues during your rental, it is likely that compensation will not be offered. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice. The deposit required to secure your vehicle (as shown on the secure booking page) will only be processed on your credit card when your booking is confirmed. Please note that a 2% credit card or debit card surcharge will be added when your payment is processed.
A booking is confirmed when you have been emailed a confirmation voucher and at this stage the deposit is processed on your card and becomes non-refundable and any cancellation fees stated in the supplier's terms apply. Upon receipt of your confirmation, please check your details carefully and notify us immediately if there are any incorrect details, as it may not be possible to make changes at a later date.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Please note that some suppliers treat an amendment as a new booking and apply the rate current at the time the amendment is made to recalculate the entire booking amount (not just the days changed). If the rental period is increased, an additional deposit may be required. If the rental period is shortened which results in a reduction of the rental charges, the deposit amount will remain unchanged, and the difference between the original and revised deposit is forfeited (it cannot be used towards remaining rental charges). To request a change to a confirmed booking, please use the alterations request link on your confirmation. Any alterations are subject to availability and the approval of the supplier. In addition to the alteration policy of the supplier stated in their terms, the following charges will apply:
Motorhome rental alterations (all charges stated in local currency): 25.00
The alteration fee will not be charged if your alteration request is not possible.
Vehicle Capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
We are committed to providing a quality service and aim for complete customer satisfaction. In the event of cancellation, any refunds or penalties are detailed in the terms and conditions of your selected vehicle that you are asked to read and accept at time of booking. In the event you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Motorhome Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.